Bad breath is something we have all experienced at some point, but chronic bad breath is a very different story one that needs treatment. Bad breath treatment Mississauga starts with a visit to your dentist.
It is often hard to tell if you have bad breath so have a discussion with your dentist and oral hygienist about how to tell if you have bad breath even though you brush twice a day and floss well.
Reasons for bad breath
While improper dental hygiene Mississauga can be one reason for bad breath it is not the only reason.
Some other reasons for bad breath include;
- Foods we have eaten such as onions or garlic
- Infections of the sinuses, throat and/or the nasal passages
- Systemic diseases such as sugar diabetes or even acid reflux
- Coffee consumption or tobacco use
All these things can have an effect on your breath.
Treatment for bad breath
Treatment for bad breath begins at home with proper brushing twice a day and flossing. You may need to invest in an electric toothbrush, if you are unsure as to which one ask your dentist in Mississauga.
It can also include a recommended mouth rinse.
You may also have to treat systemic issues such as sugar diabetes, acid reflux, kidney failure, etc.
You should also cut back on the consumption of coffee and use of tobacco.
A few other tips to deal with bad breath are;
- Stay hydrated as it will help reduce the bacteria growth in your mouth
- Chew sugarless gum
- If you have dry mouth from medications speak to your dentist
The Bristol Dental Group in Mississauga can help you with bad breath by first checking your teeth and gums for plaque or signs of inflammation.