Most people aren’t born with a perfect, dazzling smile. If you look in the mirror and feel self-conscious about your smile, there are many cosmetic dentistry treatments available to address a long list of woes. However, you might doubt whether it is worth the money and effort to fix those imperfections. Beauty and how we perceive ourselves play a major role in confidence. When you can face the world with strong self-esteem, you open more doors, whether it is in your career, social life, or sense of well-being. If you are considering cosmetic dentistry to perfect your smile, here are the many worthwhile reasons.
Many Solutions for Almost Every Problem
Sometimes, you might decide not to ask about cosmetic treatments because you’re convinced there isn’t a solution to correct your imperfections. However, it’s worth discussing because we offer a long list of treatments for just about any problem, including:
- Crooked teeth
- Staining and discolouration
- Missing teeth
- Bite issues
You might have just one issue or a long list that you wish to address. Regardless of the severity, we can help. Our team can set up a consultation to discuss your specific issues. We provide customized dental plans that not only address your concerns but also offer varying budget-friendly solutions for those without dental benefits.
We can provide the best treatment based on the imperfections you wish to address. We tailor our treatment plans to help you get the best results to address a long list of woes, including:
- Teeth straightening: Orthodontists can provide a straighter smile free of issues, which can range from bite to overlaps and crowding. We use Invisalign clear aligners, as they are an improvement over visible braces.
- Staining and discolouration: You can have whiter teeth after just an hour in some cases using our Zoom teeth-whitening treatment. However, if your teeth are severely stained, we can also provide several other options, including composite bonding, veneers, and even crowns.
- Old fillings: Old fillings can be off-putting because of their colour. We can use composite bonding, inlays, and onlays to replace old fillings regardless of their size or location. The result is an even smile, without those embarrassing dark fillings showing when you smile or yawn.
- Gaps: In some cases, Invisalign is not suitable for larger gaps in your teeth. We can use dental veneers, which is a thin ceramic “front” that can eliminate gaps.
- Misshapen teeth: Unusually shaped teeth can affect the look of your smile. We can use both inlays and onlays as well as dental veneers to assist in reshaping teeth for an even smile. In some cases, composite bonding can be used to shape teeth.
- Cracks and chips: Cracks and chips can not only look bad but also put you at risk for decay. We can repair cracks and chips using a wide variety of treatments, including bonding, veneers, caps, inlays, and onlays, depending on the severity of the damage.
- Teeth replacement: Missing teeth are not only embarrassing but also pose a real threat to your dental health. We offer several solutions, including crowns and bridges, dentures, and implants. Dental implants are a permanent solution requiring surgery to insert a titanium screw into the jawbone. Your replacement teeth are then permanently affixed to the screws. We recommend this as your best solution, but if your budget doesn’t allow for it, we can discuss other options.
- Gums: If you suffer from too much or too little gums, it can affect the appearance of your smile. Gum contouring provides a solution to shape your gums for a more balanced look that avoids that “gummy” smile.
As mentioned, our goal is to find the ideal solutions for your needs. This includes budget considerations and payment plans that allow you to have the treatments you need. We review all the potential treatments and explain how much they cost and how long they last. For example, in the case of missing teeth, although a partial denture might seem the cheapest upfront, it will require more replacements, fittings, and increase the odds of damage. This is when compared to the more costly implants, which will last a lifetime. At your consultation, we will discuss:
- Best-case scenarios for your individual needs
- Addressing your cosmetic concerns overtime to help spread out costs
- Payment plans to make it easier for you to afford your treatment
- What is and isn’t covered by your benefits
- Alternative treatments to offer more affordable solutions
The Treatments Work
While it might seem like a lot of effort and money, the bottom line is that the cosmetic treatments we provide work. Many treatments provide a perfect smile that will last for years to come.
Using the most advanced cosmetic dentistry technology reduces any discomfort and long, tedious appointments of the past. We provide convenient appointments designed to get the work done quickly and comfortably without the need for downtime for recovery.
Improved Dental Health
While treatments such as whitening are strictly cosmetic, most other treatments will also improve your dental health. We create treatment plans that will provide healthier teeth while also providing a new smile that will encourage improved oral hygiene habits. This can save you money down the road, as it will help reduce plaque buildup and decay. Many treatments will also strengthen your teeth, such as bonding, veneers, and crowns.
Even a simple whitening treatment can take ages off your face. A perfect smile does wonders for your appearance, which helps you appear younger, not to mention happier, as you will smile more and frown less!
If you correct misaligned teeth, you could experience fewer headaches and reduce the severity of headaches when they occur. This is because a poor bite can cause headaches and make you experience them more often.
Our team is here to discuss all of your dental concerns, including any issues you might have with the appearance of your smile. We will provide solutions to address your concerns and help you obtain the dazzling smile you’ve always wanted.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry treatments, contact Bristol Dental our office.