How long your new smile will last depends on what procedure was done by a cosmetic dentist Mississauga.
10 procedures available for a new smile
There are several smile enhancing cosmetic procedures which are;
- Whitening both professional and home products; although, the professional works much better
- Veneers come in a few different materials, resin will stain easier than porcelain so pay attention to coffee and red wine consumption
- Caps or crowns used on cracked teeth or root canals to help strengthen and bright the tooth
- Bonding uses composite resin to shape and lengthen teeth
- Dental implants used to replace one tooth that is missing
- Braces including invisible such as Invisalign helps straighten your teeth and bite to give you a beautiful smile
- Composite fillings there are made of composite resin that can be colored to match your natural teeth color
- Bridges replaces one or more teeth by using a composite resin colored to look like your natural gums and teeth
- Dentures when all your teeth are very bad and have even fallen out or will be extracted
- Implants for one or more teeth when you do not want a bridge to possibly damage your abutment teeth
Each one of these treatments enhances your smile in a different way and has a different lifespan.
The lifespan of these procedures run from 4 to 6 months for whitening to 10 to 20 years for veneers.
Each one requires different chair times and some require more than one visit like veneers or bridges.
Which procedure should you use to enhance your smile will be up to your dentist after he or she examines your mouth and the problem you are having with your teeth.
You can easily find dental Mississauga that includes cosmetic dentistry.